Custom Search

Monday, April 19, 2010

They enlisted... We were drafted

Welcome to my humble blogging beginning... I am a family member of a United States Marine. I am going to chronicle the journey that any one who has a loved one in the Military embarks on from the moment we hear the words .. "I've enlisted!!"
In the last year the USMC especially has shown record #'s of newly enlisted recruits. This translates to lot of us out there all trying to walk this path with our service member, some of us have found support groups - some are walking the path alone. I have been involved with my Marine's journey from the moment he called me, excited as all get out, with those exact words. There is a spotlight on Mom's of Military members, but, not a lot of places to go for other military loved ones, so hopefully, this will provide an outlet for all of you out there.
As I am a family member of a Marine the info I provide may be skewed toward the USMC, but, the feelings are not - no matter which branch of service your loved one is in.. the feelings are the same for all of us.

What this will not be is a place to post derogatory comments about the US Military. What is will be is a place to share your experiences, read about mine and hold each other close as we navigate the sometimes rocky, sometimes joy filled but always proud path our servicemen and women have put us on.

Please leave me a comment, let me know what you think! Give me an idea on topics .. let's discuss I know you all have something to say or add !

Thanks !

1 comment:

  1. Randi, this is so wonderful! Each and every day I feel so loved and supported by everyone that has thus far shared this journey with me.

    Lots of rough times ahead with deployments, but I know I will be ok...how could I not with all this love!

    Love you much!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger
 
Custom Search